I received a Ph.D. in Computer Engineering from the University of Cyprus in 2014. I also received an Engineering Diploma in Computer Engineering and Informatics and a M.Sc. in Integrated Hardware and Software Systems from the University of Patras, Greece in 2003 and 2005, respectively. I joined the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Cyprus in January 2006 as a research associate working on location-aware applications and positioning platforms under the EU FP6 project MOTIVE. Currently, I am a Postdoctoral researcher at KIOS Research Center for Intelligent Systems and Networks, University of Cyprus.
I am a member of the IEEE Communications Society and I serve as TPC member of the International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN). My research interests include wireless networks, mobile communications, positioning and tracking technologies, location-based services (LBS) and fault tolerant location estimation.
News and Recent Publications (more)
- New 1st Place Award for accuracy, response time and robustness to interference, "Indoor Geolocation for Android Smartphones with Airplace", EVARILOS Project Open Challenge, Evaluation of RF-based Indoor Localization Algorithms, 2014.
- New C. Laoudias, P. Kolios, C. G. Panayiotou, "Differential Signal Strength Fingerprinting Revisited", International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN), 2014. [accepted]
- New G. Oliva, C. Laoudias, F. Pascucci, R. Setola, C. G. Panayiotou, "Hybrid Sensor Networks Localization", International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN), 2014. [accepted]
- New Alpha Bank Award "Creative Research and Innovation", 2014.
- New 2nd Place Award (Infrastructure-free Approaches), "Accurate Multi-Sensor Localization on Android Devices", Microsoft Indoor Localization Competition, 13th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN), 2014.
- New P. Kolios, C. Laoudias, C. G. Panayiotou, "Improving the Reliability of Emergency Response Networks using RevolverNet", 11th Workshop on Positioning, Navigation and Communication (WPNC), 2014, pp. 1-6.
- L. Petrou, G. Larkou, C. Laoudias, D. Zeinalipour-Yazti, C. G. Panayiotou, "Demonstration Abstract: Crowdsourced Indoor Localization and Navigation with Anyplace", 13th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN), 2014, pp. 331-332.
- M. P. Michaelides, C. Laoudias, C. G. Panayiotou, "Fault Tolerant Localization and Tracking of Multiple Sources in WSNs using Binary Data", IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 13(6), pp. 1213-1227, 2014.
- New C. Laoudias, M. P. Michaelides, C. G. Panayiotou, "ftTRACK: Fault Tolerant Target Tracking in Binary Sensor Networks", ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, 10(4), pp. 64:1-28, 2014.