I received a Ph.D. in Computer Engineering from the University of Cyprus in 2014. I also received an Engineering Diploma in Computer Engineering and Informatics and a M.Sc. in Integrated Hardware and Software Systems from the University of Patras, Greece in 2003 and 2005, respectively. I joined the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Cyprus in January 2006 as a research associate working on location-aware applications and positioning platforms under the EU FP6 project MOTIVE. Currently, I am a Postdoctoral researcher at KIOS Research Center for Intelligent Systems and Networks, University of Cyprus.
I am a member of the IEEE Communications Society and I serve as TPC member of the Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN) conference. My research interests include wireless networks, mobile communications, positioning and tracking technologies, location-based services (LBS) and fault tolerant location estimation.
Recent publications (more)
- New P. Kolios, C. Laoudias, C. G. Panayiotou, "Improving the Reliability of Emergency Response Networks using RevolverNet", 11th Workshop on Positioning, Navigation and Communication (WPNC), 2014.
- New L. Petrou, G. Larkou, C. Laoudias, D. Zeinalipour-Yazti, C. G. Panayiotou, "Demonstration Abstract: Crowdsourced Indoor Localization and Navigation with Anyplace", 13th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN), 2014.
- New M. P. Michaelides, C. Laoudias, C. G. Panayiotou, "Fault Tolerant Localization and Tracking of Multiple Sources in WSNs using Binary Data", IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2014. [in press]
- New C. Laoudias, M. P. Michaelides, C. G. Panayiotou, "ftTRACK: Fault Tolerant Target Tracking in Binary Sensor Networks", ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks, 2014. [in press]
- New C. Laoudias, D. Zeinalipour-Yazti, C. Panayiotou, "Crowdsourced Indoor Localization for Diverse Devices through Radiomap Fusion", International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN), 2013.
- New R. U. Haider, C. Laoudias, C. Panayiotou, "Health Monitoring of WLAN Localization Infrastructure using Smartphone Inertial Sensors", International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN), 2013.
- New C. Laoudias, M. P. Michaelides, C. G. Panayiotou, "Fault tolerant target localization and tracking in binary WSNs using sensor health state estimation", IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), 2013, pp. 1469-1473.
- New C. Laoudias, M. P. Michaelides, C. G. Panayiotou, "Sensor health state estimation for target tracking with binary sensor networks", IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), 2013, pp. 1878-1882.
- C. Laoudias, R. Piche, C. G. Panayiotou, "Device Self-Calibration in Location Systems using Signal Strength Histograms", Journal of Location Based Services, 7(3), pp. 165-181, 2013.
- D. Zeinalipour-Yazti, C. Laoudias, C. Costa, M. Vlachos, M. I. Andreou, D. Gunopulos, "Crowdsourced Trajectory Similarity with Smartphones", IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), 25(6), pp. 1240-1253, 2013.
- C.-L. Li, C. Laoudias, G. Larkou, Y.-K. Tsai, D. Zeinalipour-Yazti, C. G. Panayiotou, "Demo: Indoor Geolocation on Multi-Sensor Smartphones", 11th ACM International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications and Services (MobiSys), 2013, pp. 503-504.
- C. Laoudias, Georgios Larkou, Demetrios Zeinalipour-Yazti, Christos G. Panayiotou, "Airplace: Indoor Geolocation on Smartphones Through WiFi Fingerprinting", ERCIM News, 2013(93), 2013.