I hold an Engineering Diploma in Computer Engineering and Informatics (2003) and an M.Sc. in Integrated Hardware and Software Systems (2005) from the University of Patras, Greece, and a Ph.D. in Computer Engineering from the University of Cyprus (2014). For my doctoral research, I received the Alpha Bank Cyprus Award for "Creative Research and Innovation".
I joined the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Cyprus in January 2006 as a research associate working on location-aware applications and positioning platforms. Later that year, I enrolled as a Ph.D. student in the aforementioned department and was granted a scholarship from the Cyprus Research Promotion Foundation. In 2009 I joined the KIOS Research Center for Intelligent Systems and Networks at the University of Cyprus as a graduate research assistant working on various EU and nationally projects. I have also coached the development and demonstrated several award-winning prototype systems for indoor localization, tracking, and navigation, including Airplace and Anyplace.
Since April 2014, as a post dostocal fellow he was involved in the FAULT-ADAPTIVE project funded by the ERC Advanced Grant awarded to Prof. Marios Polycarpou. I joined Huawei Ireland Design Center in February 2015 where I am currently working as a geolocation algorithm expert on various indoor/outdoor positioning projects.
I am an IEEE member and serve as TPC member of the International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN) and the IEEE International Conference on Communications Ad-hoc and Sensor Networking Symposium (ICC-AHSN). I regularly reviews papers for conferences and articles for high impact journals, including IEEE's TC, TKDE, JSAC, and TVT. My research interests include wireless networks, camera sensor networks, mobile communications, positioning and tracking technologies, location-based services (LBS) and fault tolerant location estimation.
News and Recent Publications (more)
- New C. Laoudias and D. Zeinalipour-Yazti, "Tutorial: Mobile Data Management in Indoor Spaces," 16th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM), 2015.
- New In February 2015 I will join Huawei Ireland Design Center in Dublin as a geolocation algorithm expert.
- New C. Laoudias, P. Tsangaridis, M. Polycarpou, C. Panayiotou, C. Kyrkou, and T. G. Theocharides, "Fault-Tolerant Tracking of Multiple Targets in Collaborative Camera Networks," European Control Conference (ECC), 2015. [accepted]
- New K. Georgiou, G. Nikolaides, L. Petrou, C. Laoudias, D. Zeinalipour-Yazti, "Indoor Localization and Navigation with Anyplace," 16th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Data Management (MDM), 2015. [accepted]
- New F. Lemic, V. Handziski, A. Wolisz, T. Constambeys, C. Laoudias, S. Adler, S. Schmitt, and Y. Yang, "Experimental Evaluation of RF-based Indoor Localization Algorithms Under RF Interference," International Conference on Localization and GNSS (ICL-GNSS), 2015, pp. 1-8.
- New D. Lymberopoulos, J. Liu, X. Yang, R. R. Choudhury, V. Handziski, S. Sen, F. Lemic, J. Busch, C. Laoudias, ..., D. Zeinalipour-Yazti et al., "A Realistic Evaluation and Comparison of Indoor Location Technologies: Experiences and Lessons Learned," 14th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN), 2015. [accepted]
- New C. Laoudias, P. Tsangaridis, M. Polycarpou, C. Panayiotou, C. Kyrkou, and T. G. Theocharides, "Cooperative Fault-Tolerant Target Tracking in Camera Sensor Networks", IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), 2015. [accepted]
- New 1st Place Award for accuracy, response time and robustness to interference, "Indoor Geolocation for Android Smartphones with Airplace", EVARILOS Project Open Challenge, Evaluation of RF-based Indoor Localization Algorithms, 2014.
- New C. Laoudias, P. Kolios, C. G. Panayiotou, "Differential Signal Strength Fingerprinting Revisited", International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN), 2014. [accepted]
- New G. Oliva, C. Laoudias, F. Pascucci, R. Setola, C. G. Panayiotou, "Hybrid Sensor Networks Localization", International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN), 2014. [accepted]
- Alpha Bank Award "Creative Research and Innovation", 2014.
- 2nd Place Award (Infrastructure-free Approaches), "Accurate Multi-Sensor Localization on Android Devices", Microsoft Indoor Localization Competition, 13th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN), 2014.
- P. Kolios, C. Laoudias, C. G. Panayiotou, "Improving the Reliability of Emergency Response Networks using RevolverNet", 11th Workshop on Positioning, Navigation and Communication (WPNC), 2014, pp. 1-6.